Kapardak bhasma is used for colic, hyperacidity, flatulence, improves appetite and digestion.
Kapardak bhasma is useful when the following symptoms are displayed:
- Agnimandya (Poor appetite and assimilation)
- Parinamasula (Duodenal ulcer)
- Grahani (Sprue / Malabsorption syndrome)
- Rajayakshma (Tuberclosis)
- Karnasrava (Otorrhea)
- Netraroga (Eye problem)
- Sphota (Blister).
- Suddha kapardak (Calcinated and purified cypraea moneta shells)
- Kanjika (A sour preparation made by daucus carota).
Take 250 mg.
A.P. (Ayurveda Prakash) 2; 299.
With vasa svarasa (Putapaka svarasa is the juice of green herb obtained by the process of putapaka. The kalka of green plant i.e vasa (Adhatoda vasica) material is bundled in leves of gambhari, vata, eranda etc. The bundle is covered with clay of layers of about 2 cm. thickness. When the clay is dried, the bundle is placed amidst fire till it becomes reddish. The bundle is then opened and juice from kalka is pressed out or nimbu svarasa (Lime or lemon juice) or trikatu kasaya (Kasaya preparation made out of three bitter plants (Dry Ginger, Black Pepper, Pippali in equal proportion) or udumbara rasa (Fresh juice of Cluster Fig).